It's the party season! And you want to whip up one at your home. Champagne boy, Gaurav Bhatia, tells you exactly how to luxe up your party!
By: Gaurav Bhatia, Luxe Expert
Posted on: December 10, 2010
It’s the party season! And you want to whip up one at your home. Champagne boy, Gaurav Bhatia, tells you exactly how to luxe up your party!
Calling some friends home on an impulse…here are 10 things you can do to
luxe up your party! An ideal recipe for a Friday or Saturday night, and definitely one for a Tuesday night if you are in the mood!
THE COCKTAIL – Make ‘em Sexy!
1. Be original. Serve something new. Try Hennessy VS or VSOP, 3 cubes of ice and tonic (or ginger ale, or water). Rocks!
2. Make some Belvedere Vodkatinis. Chilled Belvedere Pure, Vermouth, garnished with a lime twist, olive or baby onion. Or a fresh rose petal.
3. Keep that bottle of Moët or Veuve in the chiller ALWAYS. Some tall flutes and you gotta a classy evening going. There’s nothing like entertaining with Champagne. Ladies for company? Get the Rosé. Or get some Dom or Krug.
THE GRUB – Comfort food can be luxed up
4. Buy some cheese. Mild white cheddar, brie or camembert. And table crackers! Or a big baguette. Go to the nearest Deli and while you are at it, get yourself a meat platter as well. Casual, chic.
5. Caviar with blinis is always yummy. My personal fav is scrambled eggs with truffles, some caviar and a glass of Dom Pérignon!
6. If you decided on kicking it back, nothing does it like Pizza, mini hot dogs or a decadent biryani!
THE AMBIENCE – Show a little personal style!
7. Fresh flowers. There’s nothing like them. Combine fresh Rajnigandha (tuberose) with white Gladiolis. Or with Tiger lilies. Or just spray fresh mogras (Jasmine) or gendas (Marigold) across the house.
8. Light ‘em candles. Try Dyptique, Jo Malone or Acqua de Parma candles. Luxury is in the packaging and in the pure essence!
THE SURPRISE – Give ‘em something new!
9. Play a game! Charades are never boring. Or Twister if you have it! Or Truth or
Dare! And get to know what everyone’s personal music taste is. There’s nothing better than an IPOD you’d wanna steal.
10. Keep a dress code. Even if at home! Jeans and black tie. Or shorts and stilettos. Have fun with it. Looking good never hurt anyone.
A self-confessed luxury addict, Gaurav Bhatia is a luxury expert. Him being invited to speak at the International Herald Tribune Luxury Conference is proof enough of that. Creative, spirited and bon vivant, he loves to travel, collect antiques, and celebrate life with gastronomy and Champagne.