255 + 111 + 97 - that's the RGB mix of the Pantone Color of the Year 2019 - Living Coral. A happy, gushing color which will surely beckon an effervescent 2019, we help style you in the spectacular shade.
By: Kennedy Orrell
Posted on: December 23, 2018
If you haven’t heard, it’s time to invest in the color everyone’s gushing about. Pantone’s color of the year for 2019 has been announced as Living Coral. An effervescent color hotter than pink but a tone down from red, this color will have your home and appearance as radiant as a living coral reef. This tone could be just the thing to spark some creativity as it emerges in both - natural settings and social media presence. With all the controversy surrounding the Great Barrier Reef and other coral reefs, I personally think this is a great color to demand the attention of society to this issue.
Here are eight products with this elusive, yet vivid color that should be added to your repertoires. As Pantone said, this color “energizes and enlivens with a softer edge.”
1. Tom Ford lipstick in Naked Coral shade: This dramatic accessory includes exotic ingredients of soja seed extract, Brazilian murumuru butter, and chamomilla flower oil for an “ultra-creamy texture” and “smooth application.”
Price: $55 | Available at: tomford.com
2. BOVET Amadeo Fleurier 39 Grand Feu: This 2018 ladies’ timepiece by Swiss watchmaking Maison BOVET features a delicate hand-painted fan motif in an exquisite coral color. A coordinated alligator strap with 18 karat red gold clasp will complement any woman’s wrist. It is also adorned with 1.71 carats of pave set diamonds through its’ bow and bezel.
Price: $89,300 | Available by request at Bovet retailers
3. Yummy LV Bracelet: Updated for the new season in fresh colors, like coral, this bracelet is embellished with a trio of metal studs etched with the LV signature. The clasp is finished with an engraving of the iconic monogram pattern. This is sure to pop on any wrist.
Price: $310 | Available at: us.louisvuitton.com
4. Cocoon by Fernando & Humberto Campana: From Louis Vuitton’s Objets Nomades Travel Collection released in Spring 2018, this eye-catching cocoon chair has a delicately perforated fiberglass shell lined with calfskin to be smooth on the outside and quilted on the inside. The specially-shaped cushions offer an enveloping retreat from every-day life. It definitely looks like something out of a luxurious resort from vacation. Laze the day away in style.
Price: $88,500 | Available at: us.louisvuitton.com
5. Giorgio Armani dress: This sophisticated and timeless garment accentuates feminine beauty with understated style. Made from Milano stitched jersey, it’s designed with a distinctive draped bodice stitched at the hip. This dress could fit any occasion.
Price: $1,025 | Available at: Armani.com/us
6. Philanthropy Cheek Color by ChanteCaille: With a portion of proceeds going to the Marine Conservation Biology Institute, you can give back while wearing this stunning coral blush with finely milled pigments that blend together seamlessly.
Price: $40 | Available at: chantecaille.com
7. Padparadscha Sapphire and Diamond Ring: A lusciously intricate ring with creative essences seemingly like the Great Barrier Reef, this platinum and 18k rose gold ring features a 5.01 carat cushion cut padparadscha sapphire. It is accented by 2.51 carat of pear-shaped diamonds and 0.18 of round brilliant diamonds.
Price: $250,000 | Available at: omiprive.com
8. Dolce & Gabbana Sunglasses: These sunglasses pop with large faceted lenses, almost like precious gems. They are hooked together by golden thin griffes. The frame is completed by terminals in the same shade and adjustable nose pads for extra comfort.
Price: $570 | Available at: sunglasshut.com or Sunglass Hut stores world over
*Some products may deviate slightly from the exact Pantone Living Coral shade.